28 Sep October Gardening in Phoenix and Spooky Garden Decor
As the relentless heat of the Arizona summer fades, October heralds a season of transformation in Phoenix gardens. It’s the ideal time to refresh your garden with vibrant flowers, delicious vegetables, and spooky decorations to celebrate the Halloween spirit.
Veggies to Plant this October
- Lettuce: Cooler temperatures are perfect for lettuce. Choose varieties like Romaine, Butterhead, and Loose-Leaf for a delicious homegrown salad.
- Spinach: Packed with nutrients, spinach is another leafy green that thrives in cooler weather.
- Broccoli & Cauliflower: These cool-season crops can be sowed now for a bountiful harvest in late winter.
- Peas: Snow peas and snap peas love the mild fall temperatures and will produce till the frost sets in.
- Radishes: Quick to mature, radishes are crunchy and peppery, a great addition to salads and dishes.
Blooms to Adore
- Marigolds: These golden beauties not only bring color to your garden, but they also deter pests. A perfect companion for your veggies!
- Pansies: With their charming, colorful faces, pansies are a cool-season favorite.
- Petunias: These vibrant blooms can withstand a light frost and will keep your garden colorful till winter.
- Snapdragons: Tall and regal, snapdragons come in an array of colors and are perfect for adding height to your garden.
Halloween Decor to Light Up Your Garden
As Arizona’s largest assortment of containers provider, we’re thrilled to showcase our range of Halloween-themed garden decor:
- Pumpkin Planters: Carve out real pumpkins and plant your favorite flowers inside for a festive look, or choose from our ceramic pumpkin planters for a lasting decoration.
- Garden Ghosts: Create a whimsical haunted garden with our floating garden ghosts – perfect amongst the flowers or hanging from a tree.
- Whimsical Decor: From spooky garden stakes to witchy wind chimes, our assortment will leave your visitors enchanted.